“Hello, sun in my face. Hello you who made the morning and spread it over the fields…Watch, now, how I start the day in happiness.” ― Mary Oliver
Summer has arrived and you may be realizing that your schedule for June, July and August is already too booked. When you look at your calender are you excited or filled with a deep sigh? Consider how you can re-craft your summer:
1. If this was your last summer on the planet, what would you do? Name 5 bucket list activities and sit with how to bring at least one of them into Summer 2015.
2. Is there something on your calendar you really don’t want to do? Identifying this and naming it is the first step. Then sit with it and decide what it would take to cancel, remove, eliminate ( or postpone) it. Note: your people don’t care and will go with the flow- it’s your schedule and you ultimately create it.
3. Create free time. Carefree days and time for self care makes summer days more delicious. Can you name one day a week for your self care? Tell your world that you aren’t available on Tuesdays and turn off the phone and spend your day doing what energizes you.
4. Go on a retreat. Retreats give us the pause from our busy schedules and allow us perspective to make inner changes that will guide our fall and winter season.
5. Change something in your living space to give you that summer feeling. Put light sheets and a summer comforter on your bed, clear out your clothes and get some summer colors that inspire you or get a flower filled purse to carry with you along your day’s activities.
Small actions equal energizing results. Make this summer what you want and what you need.
Helene Van Manen www.CoachHelene.com